Voter Protection Fellows
Show me Change is seeking Voter Protection Fellows to help protect the vote throughout the state of Missouri for the 2020 Election Cycle. Fellows will have the opportunity to learn Election Law, to interact with Missouri lawyers, and to make a difference in the 2020 Election.
● Recruiting and managing volunteers, especially poll observers and poll workers
● Building strong relationships and continuous engagement with local boards of elections, progressive groups, lawyers, and local officials
● Educating Missourians on voting procedures
● Recent law graduates, law students, and pre-law students are encouraged to apply.
● Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication with Missourians with diverse backgrounds and opinions
● Ability to produce high-quality work product in an extremely fast-paced environment
● Exceptional track record of meeting deadlines
How to apply:
This is an unpaid position. Fellows will be expected to volunteer 10-15 hours per week. Please send a resume, a 1-2 paragraph statement of interest, and 3 references to Jobs@showmechange.org. Please place “Voter Protection Fellow” in the header of the email.
This position will be based in Missouri.
Show me change is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality service to supporters and constituents. MDP SMC is an equal opportunity employer and it’s our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability or any other legally protected basis.