The Show Me Change Organizers will serve as the backbone for the Democratic efforts in Missouri in 2020 and will be responsible for developing community specific plans and outreach to volunteers. The 2020 Coordinated Campaign has unprecedented opportunities to impact key races at all levels of office including multiple competitive statewide, congressional and state legislative races. This is a general election position through November 15 and reports to a Regional Organizing Director.
● Recruiting, training and managing volunteers to build our volunteer organization
● Planning and managing direct voter contact events, voter registration efforts and volunteer trainings
● Strategically organizing communities and engaging first time volunteers and voters, as well as building online communities of volunteers
● Amplifying the campaign’s message, online and offline
● Building a campaign organization in assigned turf or region that reflects the broader community
● Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds to manage and supervise volunteer teams
● Disciplined and solution-oriented approach to all tasks
● Commitment to honesty and personal integrity
● Access to a vehicle, laptop, and cellphone, as well as a valid driver’s license
● Must be eager and committed to electing all Democrats on the ballot!
How to apply:
This is a full-time position.
Please send a resume and 3 references to Jobs@showmechange.org.
This position will be based remotely until the cessation of appropriate stay-at-home procedures, after which it will be based in Columbia, Missouri. Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee.
Show me change is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality service to supporters and constituents. SMC is an equal opportunity employer and it’s our policy to recruit, hire train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability or any other legally protected basis.