Deputy Organizing Director
The Show Me Change Deputy Organizing Director will be responsible for helping implement our voter contact and volunteer recruitment programs. The 2020 Coordinated Campaign has unprecedented opportunities to impact key races at all levels of office including multiple competitive statewide, congressional and state legislative races. This is a general election position through November 15 and reports to the Organizing Director.
● Develop strategies and systems that lead your team to successfully meet daily and weekly metric goals.
● Hire, train and coach Regional Organizing Directors in developing specific DVC and volunteer recruitment tools and tactics.
● Work collaboratively to set goals, plan ahead and solve large scale organizing challenges.
● Work with other departments to facilitate support structures for the organizing department.
● Help develop and implement a statewide GOTV program, training, campus and rural programs
● 2+ years of campaign experience in the organizing department
● Experience managing and coaching staff (campaign setting preferred, but not required)
● Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations up and down the chain of command
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots networks
● Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
● Access to a vehicle, laptop, and cellphone, as well as a valid driver’s license
● Aptitude for data analysis; proficiency with VAN and Google Sheets
● Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
How to apply:
This is a full-time position.
Please send a resume and 3 references to Jobs@showmechange.org.
This position will be based remotely until the cessation of appropriate stay-at-home procedures, after which it will be based in Columbia, Missouri. Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee.
Show me change is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality service to supporters and constituents. SMC is an equal opportunity employer and it’s our policy to recruit, hire train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability or any other legally protected basis.